In the world of luggage and suitcases, innovation is something that we don’t get to see as often as we might like to. Because the industry has been around for so many years, and you can only do so much with a suitcase, we don’t see as many new and exciting features and designs as we would prefer to see. While this tends to be the case for most suitcase, it isn’t this way for every single piece of luggage out there.One such suitcase that brings some innovation to the often boring world of luggage is the Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds suitcase.
This particular product features an innovative and unique design that we haven’t seen before, and for the most part, it pays off tremendously. In addition to the new and fresh design, the Out of Bounds is also incredibly roomy inside to store all of your clothes and belongings, comes in a variety of bright colors, and has a price tag that you simply won’t believe. Along with a lack of innovation, it also seems like the world of luggage has this theme that you can’t get a well-made, quality suitcase without paying over $150 or $200. While this does appear to be the case for certain brands and types of luggage, it doesn’t apply to every suitcase out there on the market. The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds comes in at a price range of under $100, and it’s amazing what the company was able to pack into something with such a low cost. Without any further ado, here’s a more in-depth look as to what this suitcase has to bring to the table.
Kenneth Cole is one of the few companies on our list whose primary focus is not on the world of luggage and other travel gear. While that may seem like a bad thing off the bat, it isn’t necessarily a negative when we take a closer look at what the Out of Bounds has to offer. Companies like Samsonite and American Tourister may be some of the most well-known names out there when it comes to luggage and suitcases, but that doesn’t mean that they’re the only brands capable of making a really well-made and high-end product. Kenneth Cole Reaction is a perfect example of this with their Out of Bounds suitcase.
- You know how we mentioned that the Out of Bounds features an innovate design? While we could beat around the bush and discuss other features first, that’s not what we’re about here. The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds is constructed from an ABS exterior that’s both lightweight and durable at the same time – a combination that’s often hard to come by in the world of luggage. Additionally, all of the corners of this suitcase are reinforced with added protection, creating for excellent resistance when they come into contact with any form of direct impact.
- Moving to the inside of the suitcase, Kenneth Cole has created for a very roomy interior that will allow you to fit a great deal of clothes and other items into the Out of Bounds. The interior features a fully-lined design with garment restraints and zippered pockets for maximum organization of all your things.
- In order to get a proper grip on the Out of Bounds when you need to pick it up for whatever reason, Kenneth Cole has included handles on both the top and side for maximum convenience. Additionally, bezels that are found on the side of the suitcase allow for it to be able to stand upright on its side. This is something that can come in handy when you need to store it when it’s not in use!
- The Kenneth Cole Out of Bounds is a spinner type of suitcase, so there are 4 wheels that can be found on the underside of its construction. These wheels allow the Out of Bounds to be rolled virtually anywhere, and the retractable handle with an included locking system will help you to get the best grip possible.
- You know that innovative design that we raved about in both the Features and Introduction sections? As you’d probably expect, that innovate design rightly earns its stop at the top of our Pros section as well! Kenneth Cole made quite a fuss out of this new and fresh design, so naturally we were a bit hesitant as to how well it would actually perform. Thankfully for us, that design appears to work just as well as the company is claiming. Even after numerous flights and miles traveled, the exterior of the Out of Bounds holds up better that many $200+ suitcases that we’ve reviewed. Such a durable and well-made exterior would be a great pro on any piece of luggage, but the low price tag of the Out of Bounds makes it all the more impressive.
- If you’re someone who packs a lot of clothes with you on your journeys, you’ll be happy to hear that there should be plenty of space inside the Kenneth Cole Out of Bounds for each and every one of your personal belongings. Between the ample storage space and numerous pockets found along this suitcase, having a lack of room for all of your stuff should be an issue that you’ll never have to face.
- Although Kenneth Cole doesn’t put a big emphasis on this, the wheels and handles that are used on the Out of Bounds are also very well-built! The wheels appear to roll over any surface without any real resistance at all, and the handle that included looks to be just as durable as the exterior of the case as well.
- A number of owners for the Kenneth Cole Out of Bounds have reported that after just once trip with this piece of luggage, some of the wheels fell off for no good reason at all. A fallen off wheel may not seem like the biggest issue, but it truly is if you plan on wheeling this thing around with you through numerous terminals and airports. This is an issue that doesn’t seem to have affected the majority of owners for the Out of Bounds, but it’s been an issue for enough folks that we deemed it worth to mention.
So, where do we stand with the Kenneth Cole Out of Bounds? We aren’t going to pretend that the issue of the wheels falling off isn’t an area of concern at all. Despite only being an issue for a select number of people, it’s happened often enough that it could prove to be a deal-breaker for some people. When you invest your money into a suitcase, you should be able to expect it to last a long time without any issues like this. Most folks haven’t had this problem, but for those who are worried about such issues, you may have a better bet looking elsewhere. However, the issue of the wheels is that of a quality control issue, and is something that the company could fix by slightly tweaking their production process. And while this may be a serious problem for some people, Kenneth Cole does a whole lot of things right with the Out of Bounds that more than make up for this quality control problem. For starters, the innovative design that’s being used is truly phenomenal. It’s durable, lightweight, and can hold up without any imperfections even after numerous trips and miles. Additionally, the suitcase’s roomy interior, bright color options, and durable handle all come together to create pretty awesome package. However, none of those things are the best part about this whole deal. Being able to snag a piece of luggage with all of these features for well under $100 is almost unheard of in the luggage and travel world, but every now and then a product like the Out of Bounds comes along that turns this rule upside down.
If you’re on a tight budget and want to get one of the best values in suitcases to date, the Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds is one of your best choices.
In case you feel that this product doesn’t meet your expectations, please take a look at other options in our full suitcases guide.