When you’re shopping for a piece of luggage, there are a few key factors that you generally want to keep at the front of your mind – style and functionality. Your luggage is the home for all of your clothes and valuables, and these are things that you place a great deal of value on. As a result, you should want your luggage to be appealing and fashionable. Additionally, no one likes an item of luggage that’s heavy and clunky to carry around. You’ve already got a great deal of personal belongings that you’re trying to haul around with you, so the last thing you want is an even greater amount of weight that will slow you. With these two things in mind, it only makes sense that you should an ideal set of luggage for you should both look great and be lightweight. One such luggage item that fits both of these categories perfectly is the Samsonite Winfield 2 28-Inch Luggage Fashion HS Spinner.
When you think of luggage, Samsonite is undoubtedly one of the first brands that will come to mind. The company has been in the business of creating luggage for over 100 total years, and that’s something you just can’t say about most of the company’s competitors. The biggest focus that Samsonite has with their products is ensuring that they are built to last for as long as they’ve been in business. Creating strong and durable products to leave you with a strong sense of confidence in your purchase is the big highlight for Samsonite, and it’s a highlight that can be seen through all of the company’s products. Whether that be laptop bags, backpacks, travel luggage, or any other of Samsonite’s products, confidence and security are terms that fit perfectly for not only Samsonite’s products, but the company as a whole.
The Samsonite Winfield 2 has quite a lot to offer when it comes down to included features. The most notable ones include –
- As we mentioned in the introduction for the Winfield 2, Samsonite was able to make this piece of luggage incredibly lightweight in its construction. Thanks to the lightweight design that’s used, hauling around the Winfield 2 won’t be a cumbersome task at all – something you can very rarely say about a bit of travel luggage!
- You know how we talked about Samsonite’s commitment to making their products durable in our Brand Overview? That passion and dedication to their products is in perfect form with the Winfield 2. The spinners that are featured are extremely durable, and the entire product is made up entirely of a polycarbonate material. However, one of the most notable durability features is easily the suitcases ability to flex when put under and form of stress. This allows the Winfield 2 to absorb any and all stress that it encounters, and helps to prevent any dents and cosmetic imperfections that would otherwise scar this nice-looking piece of luggage.
- When moving to the inside of the Winfield 2, you’ll be met with an interior that is completely lined that includes functional cross-straps. A curtain for extra privacy covers an extra compartment for additional pockets, and a security locking mechanism that’s approved by the TSA creates for even more peace of mind when embarking on your travels.
- The dimensions of the suitcase has it measuring in at 13-inches high and 19.8-icnhes wide. Although it isn’t the most compact suitcase out there, it also isn’t the most cumbersome one either – placing it at a nice happy medium.
- One of the best aspects to the Samsonite Winfield 2 is actually its form factor. As the name of the suitcase would suggest, the overall size of this thing comes in at just about 28-inches tall. This height for the suitcase is actually the perfect size for quite a lot of people, and we’d have to agree with them. The form factor being used keeps everything relatively small and compact, but not so small to the point where you aren’t able to fit a good deal of clothes in it. Honestly, you’re getting the best of both worlds here.
- Similar to the size, the weight of the Winfield 2 also acts as a huge pro. No one likes having to lug around a big and heavy suitcase, and you can rest assured that that will never been an issue for you with the Winfield 2. It’s quite an engineering feat that Samsonite was able to make this suitcase so amazingly light, and we certainly aren’t complaining about it.
- Although beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, there’s simply no denying the sleek and sexy looks of the Winfield 2. The exterior is made out of a hard material, and the overall look is actually quite stunning.
- If you’re worried about ensuring the safety of them items in your suitcase, the included lock that’s approved by the TSA should prove to be quite convenient. It’ll help keep your stuff locked away, and you won’t have to worry about removing it during your travel ventures at the airport.
- While the hard shell exterior certainly looks good at first, a number of users on Amazon have reported that it tends to pick of nicks and scratches rather easily. While all of these are simply cosmetic imperfections, it still could prove to be a bit of annoyance over time if you put this thing through a lot of heavy use.
- After searching through reviews on Amazon, it’s quite apparent that a number of owners of the Winfield 2 have had issues with the zipper of this thing splitting after just a couple instances of use. While this issue doesn’t seem to have affected everyone, it’s still something that’s definitely worth keeping in mind.
- Following with the trend of poor construction, it would also appear that quite a few owners have experience trouble with the handle of the Winfield 2 coming off as well. This seems to occur when people have 40+ pounds of weight in the luggage, and that’s something that really shouldn’t happen.
- Although the height of 28-inches is a good size for real-world use, you will run into issues when it comes to the airports. 28-inches is considered to be oversized luggage in the airport world, so if you’re traveling by air with this thing, be prepared to pay extra cash to store this during your flight.
Overall, the Samsonite Winfield 2 has quite a lot to offer. The lightweight nature is definitely one of the biggest selling points, as heavy and clunky luggage can be one of the most annoying aspects of traveling. Additionally, the spacious storage room and security lock that’s approved by the TSA create for a pretty well-rounded package.
However, one thing that you’ll need to keep in mind is that the luggage is considered to be oversized at most airlines. This won’t be an issue if you don’t do lot of flying, but if you do, you might want to look elsewhere. As for the quality control issues, these don’t seem to be effecting the majority of owners. Splitting zippers and handles breaking off aren’t good for anyone, but it would appear that these quality control concerns are only hurting a minority of all users.
If you’re looking for a suitcase that’s lightweight, stylish, and has ample storage space, the Winfield 2 could be a perfect addition to your luggage collection.
The oversized nature could be an issue for those who do frequent flying, but aside from that the Winfield 2 offers a pretty great package for just under $150.
In case you feel that this product doesn’t meet your expectations, please take a look at other options in our full suitcases guide.