As people who travel and always seem to be on the go, there’s simply no denying the importance of luggage that is lightweight. This may seem like a small area to fixate on when looking at various luggage and suitcase options that are out there, but it actually comes with very good reasoning. You see, the starting weight of a piece of luggage is just that – the starting weight. These products are made to be used once they’re stuffed with all of your clothes, electronics, and other belongings.
Once this takes place, the weight is increased tremendously. So, the actual weight is the combination of all of your items, as well as the weight of the suitcase itself. With this in mind, a suitcase that’s already a bit on the heavy side won’t do you any favors once you packed it to the brim with everything that you need to take with you on your business trip or vacation. So, by having a lightweight design out of the box, a suitcase like this can go a long way in regards to making your travel experience much more enjoyable. If you have numerous terminals and airlines you need to walk through, you’re going to have to haul your suitcase behind you on these journeys. In this case, ensuring that your suitcase is as lightweight as possible can do a lot in the way of saving you from unnecessary fatigue. One such suitcase that understands the importance of being lightweight is the Skyway Luggage Mirage Superlight. The name itself even suggests the product’s lightweight nature, but how does it actually hold up and perform in the real world? Let’s take a closer look and find out for ourselves.
Although their name may not be as well-known as Samsonite or American Tourister, Skyway Luggage has been in the travel product industry for longer than many of their competitors. Skyway Luggage has been making quality luggage since has far back as 1910, and places a great deal of emphasis on both unique design and high quality craftsmanship with all of their products. Skyway places a great deal of focus on trying to innovate wherever they can with their products, and that’s a mentality that we wish was used by more luggage manufacturers out there. Skyway Luggage wants their products to not only express your own personal taste and style, but to also be as functional as they possibly can. Thankfully for you, these goals and passions are very well represented in the company’s Mirage Superlight.
- As the name of the Mirage Superlight would suggest, Skyway Luggage has done as done a great deal of research into picking out quality materials that are both lightweight and durable when crafting this particular piece of luggage. The end result is not only a suitcase that is able to withstand a great amount of wear and tear, but also one that aims to be one of the lightest weight ones that you can currently buy.
- Thanks to the lightweight nature of the Mirage Superlight, you shouldn’t have any issue checking it as a carry-on piece of luggage. So, when it comes time to either put the Mirage Superlight in the overhead bin, or to take it off of the baggage carousel, Skyway has included a side handle to make this process much easier. The handle is just as durable as the rest of the bag, so you won’t have to worry about it falling apart under the stress of all your belongings that are packed away inside.
- In the interior of the Skyway Luggage Mirage Superlight, the company has included a full-length mess pocket that should prove to be an excellent area to store all of your belts, underwear, ties, and any other small items that can easily be lost. Having a secure place for such items is something we don’t see as often as we’d like in suitcases, so the inclusion of it here with the Mirage Superlight is a real treat.
- If you find yourself leaving your travel destination with more items than you initially arrived with, you might be worried that you won’t have enough room to store all of your items. Thankfully, Skyway Luggage has packed in an extra area of storage space that can be accessed by simply pulling the attached zipper.
- It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Skyway Luggage’s Mirage Superlight is incredibly lightweight. We’ve talked about that numerous times already, and it’s very clearly a big upside to the suitcase as a whole. However, one area that you might not expect the Mirage Superlight to shine in is the durability department. Lightweight suitcases often take a backseat to durability, but that isn’t the case here. Skyway Luggage has created an incredible durable suitcase with the Mirage Superlight, and this particular product holds up incredibly well even through a large number of flights and other journeys.
- One area where we often experience issues with suitcases come with their zippers. Zippers on suitcases are often notorious for falling off after just a couple instances of use, but that isn’t true in the case of the Skyway Luggage Mirage Superlight. The zippers found on this suitcase have been known to outlive zippers on other competing brands, and that proves to be a tremendous pro for those that are concerned about the overall durability and well-being of their luggage.
- Although Skyway Luggage doesn’t place a whole lot of emphasis on their wheels and handle that’s included with the Mirage Superlight, they are rated to be very well-built and implemented. Numerous owners of the Mirage Superlight have stated that these wheels roll like a dream over pretty much any surface out there, and the extendable handle feels just as good as it did on day one after being through numerous trips.
- Despite being incredibly lightweight, the Mirage Superlight also comes with a tremendous amount of storage space inside for all of your goods. Many customers have reported that the suitcase is perfect for journeys of 10 days or more, and that’s something that even heavier suitcases can’t say.
- Believe it or not, we were only able to find one real con with the Skyway Luggage Mirage Superlight. And honestly, that con has more to do with Skyway Luggage’s listing for the Mirage Superlight on Amazon than with the product itself. You see, Skyway Luggage claims that the Mirage Superlight’s dimensions are 28-inches high and 19-inches wide. However, according to some owners of the product, these dimensions are not entirely accurate. The actual dimensions are larger than what most airlines will consider as normal luggage, and as a result, this will be charged as being oversized.
It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Skyway Luggage’s Mirage Superlight is a truly wonderful product. The suitcase is advertised as being incredibly lightweight, and while it certainly excels in this area, it goes far beyond being just a lightweight suitcase.
The Mirage Superlight is incredibly durable, has ample storage space inside, features incredibly long-lasting zippers, and has extremely well-made spinners and handle.
The only real downside for the Mirage Superlight is its dimensions. Despite being lightweight, the bag is likely to still be charged as an oversized item when traveling on airlines. If you’re someone who does most of their traveling by train or car, this won’t prove to be an issue for you at all. However, if you are someone who frequently travels by air, this will be worth keeping in mind when making your final purchasing decision. However, when that purchasing time does come along, you won’t have to shell out a tremendous amount of money in order to make the Skyway Luggage Mirage Superlight your very own. For under $100, you’re getting quite a lot of suitcase for not a lot of money.
In case you feel that this product doesn’t meet your expectations, please take a look at other options in our full suitcases guide.